6.22.2012

   I was reading Lois Tvberg's newsletter titled "What my cat Raisin taught me about prayer."  I have to admit the story about her cat was so close to home for me. I have always automatically prayed upon losing something. I imagine in my mind God looking and knowing where it is and hope He will clue me in.

The other night I was about to leave for Bible study and misplaced my purse. I never lose this item. It is just an odd thing for me to misplace but here I did so. I searched around. I was getting a bit flustered (yes, silly shameful me, I did) but I still asked God, could you help me out? You know exactly where this is!?

After much searching He reminded me it was in my mother's car, of which she no longer drives and she gave to me to decide if I want to keep or sell. Well I had been charging the battery (because I didn't start it often lately) and sat it on the front passenger seat the day I was going to take it for a drive. I tell you I would not have found it so easily had not God reminded me of this! I was so embarrassed when I did find it, I sheepishly told God, thank you! Isn't it funny and humbling how God caring-ly helps us on the day to day small things? I am reminded that I am to trust Him, not the outcome of my prayer. Also to look to Him not for the benefits of trust but for Him Alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment