3.02.2013

Waves


Waves--

Angela pain washes over me
I succumb to it and cry
I get a breath and float for a while
Another wave comes and washes me down

Light is all around me
God's face I can almost see
Pain pours off me like flowing water over a mountain

Waves of emotion and memories
Waves of what if's
waves that are almost drowning me

God is in this darkness with me
He promises to never leave
flickers of light come and go

Waves of my motherhood
Of my little girl
Of my premature baby

Waves of my lonely teenager
Of my adult not ready
Of my daughter seeking
Of the time I did not spend

Of the time I missed this last year
This last 6 months
This last three months
This January

Who is this young woman
I have forgotten her pure smile
and pure joy
I saw in her in younger years

Another ocean wave comes
I have no control over this pain
I allow myself to feel
It hurts too much to not feel

Swallowing some of the water
As the tears flow over my face
God keeps me from drowning in sorrow
As He floats gently beside me

A strong force
Where would I be if I did not have Him here?
How could I even speak with my daughter?
Where would we be? 
I do not choose to think of how awful that would be.

Sandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment