4.19.2013

The Climb

Death makes people uncomfortable. When someone sees someone grieving the common response is to help. Unfortunately you cannot help a person who is grieving. The helplessness you feel is normal. There are no words that can remove the sting of pain when someone loses a child. There is only God. For those who do not believe in God I feel for you. I say that lovingly. Because if God does not exist then I wonder how I am surviving day to day? After losing my youngest daughter, Angela Hope Smith. She was 25, now 25 forever. I cannot comprehend living through this without God here with me. I would wither up. I would give up. I would not be able to be there for my other daughter Sarah Joy!

Living this life is a mystery. A complete glorious mystery we don't understand but through His eyes. I am yet to get to that place. Right now pain is my friend. I can't say pain is all bad. Because it is driving me to my knees and searching for hope. Hope is what I cannot see. If I had it why would I hope for it? What am I hoping for?

For healing
For restoration
For Sarah's future
For strength to guide another
For love to prevail over death


So many things I am hoping for. I can't find these things on my own. That is why I have hope.

New Living Translation (©2007)
And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.



This is me. 

God keep us climbing and keep us from falling. 



New International Version (©2011)

To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy--

No comments:

Post a Comment